10 percre tőlünk

Lánchíd

 

The Széchenyi Chain Bridge is a chain bridge that spans the River Danube between Buda and Pest, the western and eastern sides of Budapest, the capital of Hungary. Designed by English engineer William Tierney Clark and built by Scottish engineer Adam Clark, it was the first permanent bridge across the Danube in Hungary. It was opened in 1849. It is anchored on the Pest side of the river to Széchenyi (formerly Roosevelt) Square, adjacent to the Gresham Palace and the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, and on the Buda side to Adam Clark Square, near the Zero Kilometre Stone and the lower end of the Castle Hill Funicular, leading to Buda Castle.

Szent István Bazilika

 

St. Stephen’s Basilica is a Roman Catholic basilica in Budapest. It is named in honour of Stephen, the first King of Hungary (c 975–1038), whose right hand is housed in the reliquary. It was the sixth largest church building in Hungary before 1920. Since the renaming of the primatial see, it’s the co-cathedral of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Esztergom-Budapest. Today it is the most important church building in Hungary, one of the most significant tourist attractions and the third highest church in Hungary.

Parlament

 

The Hungarian Parliament Building, also known as the Parliament of Budapest after its location, is the seat of the National Assembly of Hungary, a notable landmark of Hungary, and a popular tourist destination in Budapest. It is situated on Kossuth Square in the Pest side of the city, on the eastern bank of the Danube. It was designed by Hungarian architect Imre Steindl in neo-Gothic style and opened in 1902. It has been the largest building in Hungary since its completion. The main façade overlooks the River Danube, but the official main entrance is from the square on the east side of the building. Inside and outside, there are altogether 242 sculptures on the walls. When entering the Parliament, visitors can walk up great ornamental stairs, see frescoes on the ceiling, and pass by the bust of the architect, Imre Steindl, in a wall niche. The Holy Crown of Hungary, which is also depicted in the coat of arms of Hungary, has been displayed in the central hall since 2000.

Hősök tere

 

Heroes’ Square is one of the major squares in Budapest, Hungary, noted for its iconic statue complex featuring the Seven chieftains of the Magyars and other important Hungarian national leaders, as well as the Memorial Stone of Heroes, often erroneously referred as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The square lies at the outbound end of Andrássy Avenue next to City Park. It hosts the Museum of Fine Arts and the Exhibition Hall. The square has played an important part in contemporary Hungarian history and has been a host to many political events, such as the reburial of Imre Nagy in 1989.
When the monument was originally constructed, Hungary was a part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and thus the last five spaces for statues on the left of the colonnade were reserved for members of the ruling Habsburg dynasty. The monument was damaged in World War II and when it was rebuilt the Habsburgs were replaced by the figures of Hungarian history.

Opera

 

The Hungarian State Opera House is a neo-Renaissance opera house located in central Budapest, on Andrássy Street. Originally known as the Hungarian Royal Opera House, it was designed by Miklós Ybl, a major figure of 19th-century Hungarian architecture. Construction began in 1875, funded by the city of Budapest and by Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria-Hungary, and the new house opened to the public on the 27 September 1884. It was the third largest opera building in the city; today it is the second largest opera house in Budapest and in Hungary.

Óriáskerék

 

Experience sightseeing with the Ferris Wheel of Budapest and see the heart of the city as never before. You can see all the sights of the city in a panoramic view from Danubian ships to Buda Castle and the temple towers of Pest. It is one of the tallest mobile Ferris Wheels of Europe, opened since 2013. The new Ferris Wheel opened on Erzsébet Square in mid-march 2017 and it is operating throughout the year with 42 partially open cabins. With its 65 m height this is the second largest ferris wheel in Europe offering awesome view from the top.

Váci utca és Duna-korzó

 

Váci street is one of the main pedestrian thoroughfares and perhaps the most famous street of central Budapest. It features many restaurants and shops catering primarily to the tourist market. The Lonely Planet says “It’s tourist central, but the line of cafés and shops are worth seeing — at least once. Váci street is one of the main shopping streets in Budapest. Among the retailers located here are: Zara, H&M, Mango, ESPRIT, Douglas AG, Swarovski, Hugo Boss, Lacoste and Nike. The street opens to Vörösmarty Square.

Széchenyi fürdő

 

The Széchenyi Medicinal Bath – located in the City Park of Budapest – is the largest medicinal bath in Europe. Its water is supplied by two thermal springs, their temperature is 74 °C (165 °F) and 77 °C (171 °F). Construction began on May 7, 1909 with designs by architect Eugene Schmitterer. The pool construction cost approximately 3.9 million Austro-Hungarian korona. The total area covered was 6,220 square metres. More than 200,000 bathers visited the spa in 1913. At that time the Bath consisted of private baths, separate steam-bath sections for men and women, and male and female “public baths.” The complex was expanded in 1927 to its current size, with 3 outdoor and 15 indoor pools. It is now possible for both sexes to visit the main swimming and thermal sections.

Zsinagóga

 

The Dohány Street Synagogue also known as the Great Synagogue or Tabakgasse Synagogue, is a historical building in Erzsébetváros, the 7th district of Budapest, Hungary. It is the largest synagogue in Europe, seating 3,000 people and is a centre of Neolog Judaism. The synagogue was built between 1854 and 1859 in the Moorish Revival style, with the decoration based chiefly on Islamic models from North Africa and medieval Spain. The synagogue’s Viennese architect, Ludwig Förster, believed that no distinctively Jewish architecture could be identified, and thus chose “architectural forms that have been used by oriental ethnic groups that are related to the Israelite people, and in particular the Arabs”.
The Synagogue complex consists of the Great Synagogue, the Heroes’ Temple, the graveyard, the Memorial and the Jewish Museum, which was built on the site on which Theodor Herzl’s house of birth stood. Dohány Street itself, a leafy street in the city center, carries strong Holocaust connotations as it constituted the border of the Budapest Ghetto.

Cipők a Dunánál

 

The Shoes on the Danube Bank is a Memorial erected on April 16 2005, in Budapest, Hungary. Conceived by film director Can Togay, he created it on the east bank of the Danube River with sculptor Gyula Pauer to honour the Jews who were killed by fascist Arrow Cross militiamen in Budapest during World War II. They were ordered to take off their shoes, and were shot at the edge of the water so that their bodies fell into the river and were carried away. It represents their shoes left behind on the bank.